keto diet week 7 – day2
- 50 g / 1.8 oz Romaine lettuce or baby gem lettuce
- 15 g / a tablespoon butter
- 30 g / 1.1 oz cucumbers sliced
- A half of an avocado
- 2 cherry tomatoes
Rinse the lettuce thoroughly and use as a base for the toppings. Smear butter on the lettuce leaves and put the previously sliced cucumbers, avocado and tomatoes on the lettuce.
- 125 ml / 4.4 oz soy milk
- 125 ml / unsweet yogurt
- 15 g / 1 tbsp almond butter
- 30 g / 1.1 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- 60 ml / 4 tbsp pea unflavored protein powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Place the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
Baked chicken wings
- 325 g / 11.5 oz chicken wings
- 1⁄8 orange (for marinade)
- 15 ml / a tablespoon olive oil
- 10 g / 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 175 g / 6.2 oz broccoli
- 60 ml mayonnaise / 2.1 oz (or sugarless yogurt as well)
- 15 ml / a tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix juice and zest from the orange with oil and spices in a small bowl. Place the chicken wings in a plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Give the bag a good shake to cover the wings thoroughly. Put aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes but preferably more (for dish better taste). Place the wings in one layer in a greased baking dish. Bake on middle rack in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the wings are golden brown and thoroughly cooked. In the meantime, divide the broccoli into small florets and parboil in salted water for a couple of minutes. Strain the broccoli and add some mayonnaises (yogurt) to dress them with. Serve the broccoli with the baked wings.
- 1 cup almonds whole, unsalted, roasted (5-6 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small mixing bowl, combine all dry seasonings (paprika, cumin, garlic, cayenne, salt) and stir together until well-mixed. Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat for a few minutes until hot. Add the dry seasoning mix to the pan and stir with the oil. It should be hot and bubbling.
Add almonds and stir until coated with seasonings, about a minute. Add sriracha sauce and stir until mixed well, about a minute. Transfer almonds to a plate. Cool before serving.
- 100 g / 3.9 oz mini bell peppers
- 5 g / 1 tsp air-dried chorizo, thinly sliced
- 5 g / 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 60 g / 2.1 oz cream cheese
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g / 1.1 oz shredded cheese
Set the oven to 400°F (200°C). Split the bell peppers lengthwise and remove the core. Chop the chorizo and the herbs finely. Mix together cheese, spices and oil in a small bowl. Add the chorizo and herbs. Stir until smooth. Add the mixture to the bell peppers and place in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.